My students are not mere spectators. They are active participants in a shared learning process that encourages deep learning through critical thinking, collaborative work, and the creation of a warm, tolerant learning atmosphere. In preparing a course, I consider the transferable skill sets and specific learning outcomes that students need in order to:
- Become successful professionals that can evaluate and interpret existing knowledge.
- Use technology and information ethically for imaginative problem solving.
- Debate and collaborate with a mind that is open to new or different positions.
- Acquire agency to be creators of knowledge.
- Strive to become global citizens that will contribute to making our world more peaceful, sustainable, and humane.